+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Default NMCA Hemi Shootout

The 4th annual NMCA Hemi Shootout will soon be upon us. And, we have been once again asked to host this killer event at Maryland International Raceway on June 8th, 9th & 10th. This will be or second time hosting the event, with the earnings (every penny) being donated to a local charity. Last year is was $500 that went to the Shop with a Cop program.

The hosting duties are pretty straight forward. On Friday the 8th, we meet at the track in the late afternoon for a short briefing, then we put together some goodie bags that get handed out on Saturday & Sunday. This meeting and goodie bag deal will only take a few hours. I think we were done in two hours last year.

On Saturday & Sunday, we meet at the track in the morning (6:45am) and simply work the gates, park the cars for the car show & swap meet, and handle the registration for the car show itself. It's all pretty straight-forward stuff. We're gonna make a party out of it this year!

Last year, we had a few bugs in that several members were stationed down the entrance road to hand out magazines and flyers. They were separated from the rest of the group, which we ALL felt was unacceptable. This year WILL be different. ALL of us will be in close proximity to each other. We're here to help out AND have a good time. So we will make it happen this way.

So, we need as many members (20 would be nice) to help out. This total would include spouses. If we have more than 20, it makes for less time for any one person to be at any one station for an extended period.

So what ya all say? Ya ready to jump on this? (I have to confirm our commitment)

Edit: March 11th

So far, this is who is helping out. Please let me know if there are any changes needed.

Ron (sublime154) Fri, Sat, Sun.
    (mrs.sublime154) Sat,Sun.
    Tracy (squidtracy) Fri, Sat, Sun.
    (mrs.squidtracy) Sat,Sun.
    Bill (mangobill) Fri, Sat,Sun.
    Gary (whine-n) Fri,Sat,Sun
    Mark (markjt73) Fri,Sat,Sun.
    Jeff (chargerzangetsu) Sat,Sun.
    Tom (garvness) Sat,Sun.
    Chal (ego) Sat or Sun
    Scott (mdsrt8) Fri,Sat,Sun
    Joe (jjBnana) Fri,Sun
    Bill (BMWdon) TBD
    Tracey (tfs07srt8) Fri,Sat,Sun
    Joe (skinnyj07) Fri,Sat,Sun
    2007 Sublime Daytona w/ the SRT Max Rumbler from Inertia, Corsa Catback & JBA catless mids, Doug Thorley headers, 6.1 motor mounts, 3200 Converter, 3:55s, Paramount Performance Stage II VB & Flex plate, Custom tune by DTP.
    2002 Cummins Ram 4x4 w/4" Stainless Turboback by Silverline, Superchips Tuner, BD Trans, BD Steering Box Stabilizer, BD Trackbar, 214,000k miles.
    2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo

It's a bit early yet, but count me in. Sounds fun...

//Homemade CAI/NOesp/TranZformer/DS Predator/SRT8 headers & mids/SRT8 Corsa Sport catback/ACES IV/QB fluids/custom half covers/REM strut brace/sequential turn signals/Danko chin/custom rear diffuser/yellow fogs/6.1-6spd mounts/BCR coilovers/R1 Concepts s&d rotors//324 rwhp/369 rwtq//

“Because you can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention.” ― Christopher Paolini

3. Default

If I am not out with the Scouts I will be there.
    When Camaros are born they hope to grow up to be DODGE's.':) 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1, SRT Max Plus Cam with Tune, Gates Water Pump, MOPAR CAI, 180 Thermostat, Flow Master Exhaust.

4. Default

det cycles depending but as of right now definitely in for this..... Im pretty excited!! ill check and see if my dad is down as well..
    -Tom

2006 CSRT8- ORIGINAL AIRHAMMER INTAKE, 180* TSTAT, DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR 93 OCT CAI TUNE, MUFFLERLESS STOCK EXHAUST, BT RED ENGINE DRESS UP KIT, BLACKED OUT HEADLIGHT HOUSINGS, COLOR MATCHED FUSE BOX COVER AND STRUT TOWER CAPS, DEMOULDED, COLOR MATCHED TRUNK EMBLEM, FLAT BLACK SRT SPOILER.....

-INERTIA SRTMAX CAM, TUNED BY BRIAN @ DRAG-ON TUNING. INSTALL DONE BY BILL J.(MANGOBILL)

I think I probably will volunteer some time for this, maybe not all 3 days, but I'll see what the boss thinks.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by markjt73 View Post
    This is not helping your Noob status !!
    2013 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 5.7 4x4 - 2013 Dodge dart GT 2.4 TS

7. Default

I am multi talented. Scout Leader and MOPAR gear head.
    When Camaros are born they hope to grow up to be DODGE's.':) 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1, SRT Max Plus Cam with Tune, Gates Water Pump, MOPAR CAI, 180 Thermostat, Flow Master Exhaust.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by markjt73 View Post
    "IFs" dont fill the slots....SLACKER!
    2007 Sublime Daytona w/ the SRT Max Rumbler from Inertia, Corsa Catback & JBA catless mids, Doug Thorley headers, 6.1 motor mounts, 3200 Converter, 3:55s, Paramount Performance Stage II VB & Flex plate, Custom tune by DTP.
    2002 Cummins Ram 4x4 w/4" Stainless Turboback by Silverline, Superchips Tuner, BD Trans, BD Steering Box Stabilizer, BD Trackbar, 214,000k miles.
    2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo

9. Default

Count me down for one day.. Maybe two.. I know I can't pull off the Friday because I wouldn't even get there until around 7:30.. So either Saturday or Sunday I should be available. Just have to make arrangements for the in-laws to babysit.. mwa ha ha

Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
    !Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoBill View Post
    In short you front end is wore the F^&% out if its like the rest of the car ...lol

10. Default

Sounds good, count me in, just dont know about friday yet, do to work, but it might be a good reason to take off. lol
    I bought a car, it turned out to be a alien robot... Who knew......